Pages

16/01/2012

A Winning Suit

My Timothy Everest Inspired Suit


In the Autumn term of my second year on the BA Hons Bespoke tailoring course at London College of Fashion we had to undertake a project that involved collabroating with the tailoring house Timothy Everest.  In this project I had to design and make a suit that compliments his casual collection.


Design Rationale:

My design inspiration has been the 1980’s popular culture and art work.  After looking at what people are wear in the age demographic of early 20’s to early 30’s, from high end fashion to streetwear I have notice a 1980’s trend emerging.  I took my main inspiration from the artists Andy Warhol and Patrick Nagel, with their use of bright block colours.  I have taken the best of the traditional tailoring and combine it with the eccentric colours of that era.  The client I choose to embody my design is the musician and producer Mark Ronson, he is at the heart of the young music scene and dresses with the much needed sense of style.  With this in mind I used my connections with a friend of mine to tailor make this suit to the lead singer and guitarist of The Strangerhood, Dean Austin.  This mixed with the dandyism of detail that the tailor Timothy Everest puts into his work; I have fused these ideas with the vintage county look and the slim fitting contemporary style into a bespoke suit that is fit for any gentleman who also likes to go raving.


















No comments:

Post a Comment