Pages

16/01/2012

Timothy Everest

My Internship

Back in March 2011 I was lucky enough to win an internship with the tailoring house of Timothy Everest at his design studio.  I was chosen on the merit of my work after doing a project in collaboration with them.  I was really happy to expenicing the way that they work at Timothy Evesest as he is a big infulence on me.  I find we share the same sense of design and the same taste for astectics.  I also admire his take on tailoring and the quintessential britishness with a modern twist that keeps it interesting, and he isn't afraid to collaborate.

After interning there I also have come to admire the way he runs his buisness, as there doesn't seem to be any sense of protensouse highroky that I have found in other fashion houses.   It is a small team and everyone has their own role which is just as important as the next,  it gives it a sense of a family and which is why everyone there is happy and lovely to work with, which I think helps in a creative envoirment.

Being part of there team for 6 weeks gave me a great insight into the deign process and the profeesionalism behind the work.  I also got to be apart of a number a exciting projects including helping with a photo shoot for a collaboration with Urwerk a fantastic swiss watch makers which took place at the amazing Ham house in Richmond.

I also got to go to the opening of the Tommy Nutter exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum.  This was great as being another one of my influences I not only got to see the work close up but got to enjoy it with a glass of champagne with guests including Edward sexton, Cilla Black and Ringo Star.

http://www.timothyeverest.co.uk/









No comments:

Post a Comment